why young living?
The quality of your essential oils MATTERS! You are putting them on your skin, breathing them in, using them to clean your home, etc. A veryyyy large portion of the essential oils available today are “fragrance oils” — cheap imitations of the pure essential oil, purchased wholesale in large quantities, diluted with synthetic additives, and rebottled before being sold to you. Since essential oils are not regulated by the FDA, you need to know where your oils are coming from, that they’re being distilled properly, & that they aren’t being diluted or compromised in any way.
Here’s just a few reasons Young Living is different from other essential oil companies:
seed to seal promise.
The reason Young Living’s oils are so different is their unmatched commitment to producing a pure, unadulterated oil. Young Living’s devotion to creating a highly therapeutic product means they’ve invested in their own farms, care for and nurture their own plants, trees, and shrubs, and finally distill, test, and bottle the oils that arrive on your doorstep. It’s our Seed to Seal quality commitment.
All of our essential oils are sourced one of 3 ways:
1. Corporate Farms — Young Living owns farms around the world! Did you know you can visit & experience our farms firsthand? Yep, it’s true! We’ve visit the Mona, Utah Farm several times and are constantly blown away!
2. Partner Farms — Young Living also partners with farms that share our values & provide some of our most unique & exotic oils, while meeting all seed to seal standards. They work together on long term goals and extend endless resources! This fall, we visited our Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Reforestation Project/Kona Farm in Kona, Hawaii and were able to experience this partnership firsthand.
3. Seed to Seal Verified Suppliers — expands yet again on the essential oils we are able to provide here at Young Living. Verified suppliers must pass ongoing audits, compliant evaluations, and endless testing to stay on the verified supplier list.
Not only is it super important to plant, grow, & harvest our essential oil plants at the right time, but the distilling process is complex and crucial for creating an unadulterated essential oil. Let me give you an example of how important it is for a company to know the right time of day to harvest the plant and exactly how long to distill the plant to produce the chemical compounds the plant contains that are helpful to our bodies.
CYPRESS ESSENTIAL OIL: which has 280 known chemical constituents.
- If it is distilled for 20 hours you only get 20 properties.
- If distilled for 26 hours you get NONE of the properties.
- Most market cypress is distilled for 3.5 hours.
- The correct length of time for distilling cypress is 24 hours to get the full 280 properties.
If you want Cypress to do the job it is intended to do, you MUST get ALL 280 constituents, no more, no less. Most people do not realize essential oils have chemical properties in them and in order to get the full benefit out of that particular oil it has to be grown, harvested, and distilled the correct way or the oil contains no benefit to us.
Through our stringent, unyielding quality benchmarks, we are committed to identifying high-quality, genuine essential oils and product ingredients. Our Quality Control (QC) team uses several validated physical, chemical, and microbiological scientific tests to measure the components and properties of our essential oils and essential oil—based products. For our essential oils, these tests are repeated numerous times from raw material to finished product.
But our product testing doesn’t take place exclusively within our two in-house labs, staffed with more than 50 highly trained & skilled scientists. Young Living also utilizes third-party labs, working with more than a dozen of the world’s leading, independent, and accredited labs in advanced product testing. Every essential oil at Young Living is tested for heavy metals and a full range of microbial contaminants. Our test results are published online for anyone to see!
a company you can trust.
Our Seed to Seal® program is our quality standard. The three pillars of this meticulous approach—Sourcing, Science, and Standards—allow us to deliver pure, authentic essential oils and essential oil-infused products that you and your family can use with full peace of mind.
Before purchasing essential oils from Young Living, I had used essential oils from the grocery store, TJ Maxx, and Amazon for years! I always liked them (and I thought they smelled good), but I never experienced any changes to my body, my sleep, my emotions, my health.. and now, looking back, I know it was because I wasn’t using pure essential oils!
We choose to use Young Living in our home because we know they are the very best essential oils & natural products, ever!
have questions or want to chat more?
I am so passionate about getting these non-toxic products & life changing tools in every home. If your heart is calling you to learn more – send me a message or email! I would love to chat & help you get started on your wellness journey!